Lawrence is the author of 'The Briefcase', which you can find on Amazon.
Also check out Lawrence's blog at http://lawrencewray.wordpress.com where you can read his other two short stories for free:
A Five Star Experience of a Lifetime http://lawrencewray.wordpress.com/a-five-star-experience-of-a-lifetime-a-short-story-3538-words/
Valentine's Surprise http://lawrencewray.wordpress.com/valentines-surprise/
You can also follow him on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lawrence.wray.33
or Twitter https://twitter.com/lawrence_wray
The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognise blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look.
My job is to list 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions Lawrence has set me, then to nominate 11 new bloggers, who should bask in the Liebster glow – which means doing the same as I am doing here! ie, post a blog linking back here, with 11 random facts about you, answer my 11 questions and nominate 11 new bloggers (and think of 11 questions to ask them – can be anything!).
Off we go then…
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I work full-time in a school so I spend each day tearing around, working, rushing home in my lunch break to catch up with housework and tearing around in the evenings, cooking, washing etc just so I can get a couple of hours of networking in. Then I write at the weekends, in between more housework!
2. I'm now getting a taste of author-dom and have come to realise just how hard authors work. Not only in their writing but also in the relentless marketing and social networking, required to promote their books.
3. I cry when I watch anything on the TV that is sad...or indeed, happy!
4. I eat too much junk...and then I feel like crying.
5. Every week, I set myself an exercise goal, which I NEVER achieve.
6. My friends say that I'm crazy and immature (in the nicest possible way) but hopefully, one day I will grow up (maybe when I'm seventy!).
7. I consider myself to be one of the most un-witty people I know (a slow thinker), so when I do think of anything 'cool' or 'great' to say...the momment has gone...in fact the month has gone!
8. I'm a Gadget-Geek, I love all things techno and if I can learn how to use it...then I would like one please.
9. I don't read enough books. I have a list longer than the Great Wall of China and fear I may not live long enough to read them all (is there a gadget for that?).
10. I'm a hopeless cook and have been known to burn a jelly! I'm slowly learning the art of baking but don't get as much time as I would like to test out the step by step instructions on how to make a cake.
11. My ears don't curl over at the top like everyone elses'. I used to wonder if I was related to Mr. Spock and had some Vulcan heritage in me. When I was younger, I could curl the tops down and tuck them inside my ears.
Right, here are the 11 questions that Lawrence asked me to answer.
1. What is the worst thing about you?
My daughter said that I have huge nostrils, which made me question them. Sadly I have to agree with her and unfortunately I've never heard of a procedure like nostril-reduction surgery, therefore I will just have to live with them right under my nose.
2. What is the best thing about you?
Umm...maybe having large nostrils means I get more fresh air than anyone else?
3. What is your biggest extravagance?
Gadgets I guess. The useful and the completely useless!
4. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be and why?
My husband, just to see what it feels like to be in his shoes. Does he live in fear of being sucked up by a Nostril Monster too?
5. What is your greatest achievement?
Writing my first novel.
6. Are you organised or disorganised and explain?
Organised (mostly). I need to be just to get through one of my manic days as a wife, mother and employee...oh, and author!
7. If you were stranded on a desert island for 7 days, who would you want to be with and why? (It must be somebody you don’t know)
Andrea Bocelli, then he could sing to me all day, every day, without me worrying whether he thinks my nostrils are too big, sadly he's blind.
8. What is the thing you most regret not doing?
I regret not starting my writing at an earlier age.
9. If you had your life to live over again, what would you change?
I would change lots of things but I suppose the biggest thing would be to have not left it so long to fulfill my dreams of writing.
10. If you could have written a best selling book, what would it have been and why?
Do you mean an existing best seller or my own? Confused.com (doesn't take much to confuse me).
Anyway, an existing one would have been, the first Harry Potter book, the reason being that J K Rowling's head must be full of magical things and the money would come in handy. However, I'm not sure I could cope with the fame.
My own bestseller would be a contemporary fiction/humour full of laughter, love and tears.
11. You find yourself on death row for something you haven’t done. What would be your last meal?
Three bottles of sleeping tablets and a bottle of Vodka, (I'd do it myself, thank you very much!).
So, that's it, I've participated in my first ever blog-hop-thing! Now to think up 11 questions and find 11 bloggers...
Thanks again Lawrence :)
Thank you for taking the time to read this!
I’ve nominated 11 other people for The Liebster Award and will list them as they upload their pages.
My 11 questions for you:
1. What type of person are you, i.e. stubborn, easy-going, lazy, over-emotional, level-headed etc?
2. What type of people (A) Annoy you and (B) Inspire you and why?
3.If you could turn back time, what age would you go back to and why?
4. If you could have a special power, what would it be and why?
5. If you could own any company/organisation in the world, which one would it be and why?
6. If you came back in an afterlife as an animal, which would it be and why?
7. If you had to travel back in time, which era would you have lived in and why?
8. If a new creature was discovered on this planet that was a cross between a spider, elephant, duck-billed platypus and a hamster, what would it be called and what would it look like?
9. Stranded on a deserted island, you are allowed three items, what are they?
10. Do you have any phobias, if so what are they?
11. If it were the end of the world tomorrow, what three things would you want to do/see etc?
Other Liebster Blogs to look out for:
Brad Covey - http://writer.bradcovey.com/
Brad is a writer, a book cover designer and most importantly...a dad, so life is pretty hectic. He hopes to publish his first book called 'Why We Start Fires' in 2013. You can also find Brad on his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bradcoveyofficial and over at Twitter https://twitter.com/bradcovey